SMV Finance Department
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the accounting of the Swiss Model Aviation Association. He manages the financial accounting and is responsible for the rapid processing of bookings and to guarantee the excellent creditworthiness of the SMV by the speedy payment of invoices. The Head of Finance is responsible for the correct monetary transactions throughout the association.
He ensures that the accounts are kept in such a way that an overview of the exact financial situation of the association can be obtained at any time. He informs the Board of Directors about the current and future financial situation of the Association. In addition to keeping the books, he monitors, reviews the financial regulations and insurance policies and maintains contact with our insurance partners.
The Chief Financial Officer, as head of department, together with the full Board of Directors, manages the Association and supports its development and direction.
Main tasks of the department
- Keeping the financial accounts
- Preparation of the year-end financial statements
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Monitoring compliance with the annual budget
- Contact point for questions from the finance department
- Ongoing follow-up posting of all documents in financial accounting
- Preparation and submission of subsidy applications
- Development and creation of project documents
- Processing of requests for funds
- Preparation of the tax return of the SMV
- Recovery of withholding taxes
- Processing and adjustment of the regulations of the Finance Department
- Link to the insurance partners